Saturday, November 22, 2008

By my sister's request....

I am going to talk about where I live, Hawaii. It is defenitly a vacation spot. It rains a lot here and there isn't as much to do. We don't have a lot of restaurants. I am so tired of Chili's. We don't have Applebees, no Marcelino's, no Red Lobster, no nothing really. See we live in Wahiawa on Schofield Barracks. The PX on base sucks and the commissary is worse then the Staters in apple valley times like a million, I hate it with a passion. The only store we really have is Wal Mart. We don't have any regular grocery stores, we just have Food Land. You don't want to shop at Food Land unless you want to pay about 6 bucks for a bag of chips. I do live about 30 minutes away from the Navy base in Pearl Harbor, and I love their NEX. It's my favorite place to shop, we bought our couch there. Their stuff is cheaper than the PX and the NEX is HUGE. I do live pretty close to the Dole Plantation and a beautiful beach North Shore. I have also met some pretty cool people by living here. So it's not all bad. I like my house for the most part, housing sucks though. I called them once to fix our drain in the shower because it was clogged and it took them forever to finally come, I had to call like 4 times, and he came and got all the hair out of the drain, and what does he do with it? He puts it in the toilet and leaves it. So I go in there to use my facilities and there in wads of hair in my thrown, so now it doesn't flush right. I was so mad. The coolest thing about living here has to be the people though, well most of them... we have made some pretty good friends being here. Christopher's friend that he met in basic and got stationed here as well is currently in Iraq, he emails us from time to time, I told him one day I would send him some cookies. Also my friend Stefanie's husband is in Iraq as well, she is coming over tonight to have dinner with us and she is bringing over Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 so we can watch it. I do have weird and annoying neighbors though. So here is a couple funny stories, there in one lady who lives in our circle that everyday at about 5:30-6pm she walks to the stop sign and just sits there, and everday she is wearing weird high heels and a different color wig, she's an odd one, I don't think she's harmful, just weird. I think he husband may be deployed, I don't know if that is the cause of her being weird, but she's an odd one. One day Christopher was putting together the Futon in the spare room and his tools and fallen and one of our neighbors called the Military Police because they assumed Christopher may be trying to kill me. I was amazed at that one, I don't know which neighbor it was to this day. Anyway Hawaii is really pretty and has good pineapple. They also have a really cool swapmeet on sundays at Aloha stadium, that is also where they play the Pro Bowl. Later today I will post pictures since I am sure people want to see our house.

2 comments:

Arlene said...

So where are the pictures?

Arlene said...

I would think Hawaii would have lots of restaurants, all the tourists need to eat. I like Chili's they have the best chips and salsa, and the ribs are pretty good too. Did you not say there is a PF Changs? All the girls at Marcelino's ask about you, every time we go in there.