Monday, July 21, 2008

Life in Hawaii






Living in Hawaii is pretty crazy.
Its like amazingly pretty.
I arrived here on Thursday and got to watch the Sunset on the water from the airplane. It was pretty amazing. So far its been a lot of walking and cabs. Cabs are killing us. It cost over 100 bucks to get from the airport to our hotel. It sucks. Its making me poor. At first we were staying at the Mohaka Resort, then the army found us something cheaper and more into the city and moved us to the Hokele Suites, its pretty nice, like 3 feet from the beach and it has a kitchen with a stove in our room. The beach is really nice and blue. The flowers here are pretty too. I love putting them in my hair. Here they serve Rice with everything, in California I was used to Johnny D's asking me if I wanted hashbrowns or homefries, well here they ask if you want hashbrowns or rice, its crazy. And oh my gosh, they litterally sell Krispy Kremes outside of peoples trucks for 10 bucks a box cause there are none here, I thought that was so funny. The cab driver was amazed that where we are from you can get them in your local grociery stores. Well thats all for now, I do need to find a Verizonwireless store though so I can get my phone replaced, cause my front screen went out, I can still get calls, it just can't tell me who is calling.
I think tomorrow we are going to take the free trolly around Waikki. So I will try and get some more pictures up tomorrow, its hard to get internet where I am at. ALHOHA....

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Well the city looks pretty cool and I hear that the beaches are the best. That sucks about the price of Taxis you should see if there is a bus system that goes to the base and around the island. You should check out the pineapple plantation. I like rice but I do not know if I would order it with my eggs Hawaiian food has a Asian flavor, it sounds good.

Jennifer Chasse said...

I would eat rice with my eggs. I already eat it with hot dogs or broccoli. It seems like they should have a bus system. Probably take longer, but would save you a fortune.