Wednesday, July 23, 2008

GIVE ME A HOUSE DAMNIT!



So Hawaii is pretty amazing.
It is still overwhelming. We were living out of a hotel, and it was costing us so much money, so we knew some friends that got stationed here at Schofield, and they have been so kind as to let us stay with them and even let us use on of their cars to get to places around post. We are on the waiting list for housing and hoping to get housing near them because they are really awesome people, there is Phil and his wife Leanette, and they have a 3 year old son Jacob. I have not met Leanette yet, she is in Texas until monday but I have talked to her over the phone and Phil told me here myspace and I can't wait to meet her, I can tell we are gonna get along pretty well. Then there is our friend Chase, he stays with them too because he is going through a divorce, he's a really nice guy who's wife completely screwed him over. Its been pretty fun staying with them, we play a lot of Rock Band. The guys also play a lot of shooting games on Phil's Xbox. We all get along good, we eat a lot of Papa John's pizza cause we are all living the army soldiers and army wives lifestyle, wich means CHEAP!! I went to the PX today and got some soda for their house and some snacks, Leanette and I seem to be FRIENDS fans so I got another season of it on DVD for us to watch when she comes home, so now I have seasons 5 and 9 so if you want to help add to my colection when I get my house it will be greatly appreciated since I am not gonna have cable for a little bit. Anyways thats all the excitement really going on with me. I am liking Hawaii now that I know people. Oh yeah and Phil's car that Christopher has been driving is an El Camino, and it is bright orange, and seeing him drive this thing makes me laugh so hard. Just picture it, see... its funny isn't it. I do however miss everyone in California, my dad told me one of my dogs has been limping really bad so I am kinda worried about him.

5 comments:

Jennifer Chasse said...

The dog will be fine. He probably just got a picker. I thought the army was paying for the hotel until you got a place? How long is the housing wait list?

Arlene said...

Well good see that you have made some friends. I hope you can get a place soon.

Sarah said...

the army pays you back for the hotel, you have to pay for it first.
it sucks, it had already cost us like 700 bucks.
lame,

the dude we talked to again today was pretty cool, he said hes gonna try his best to get us a place in a week or two...

Arlene said...

I can imagine that hotels in Hawaii are not cheap. I hope you find a place soon, but at least you have a place to stay that is not costing you an arm and a leg.

Jennifer Chasse said...

Well, it would suck to have to pay to live in the hotel. At least you made some new friends already.