Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Friends you will meet in Hawaii


I am really excited about my family coming to visit. We will have a lot of fun, and having their visit to look forward to makes it easier for me to get over Christopher deploying. I have something positive to look forward to instead of just negative. Well I just thought I would let my family see some of the friends they will meet while they are visiting.
You will see these damn geckos everywhere. They are always outside my door. They are gross and they sometimes are in my house. You will also see cockroaches just in the street as you're walking, they are huge and they fly. There are also really huge moths here, they look like bats, they creep me out.

We put in an AC unit in our living room so people won't get too hot. It works pretty well, I am happy with it. I finished the second Twilight book, which I was pretty happy about because it is probably the thickest book I have ever read. Now I am starting the third one. I am excited and the movie based on the second book comes out in November. I think after I read all the Twilight books I may get into the Harry Potter ones, but I don't know.

On Saturday Christopher is taking me on our last dinner outing before he deploys, he is taking me to the cheesecake factory, I wonder if they have pineapple cheesecake, that might be good.

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Alyssa had Pineapple cheesecake when we were at Victoria gardens shopping and the doctors office called and said they were taking my dad to the hospital..that was awhile ago.
I thought Hawaii was a tropical paradise, the travel sites I have been to never mention bugs or lizards.

Sarah said...

I miss victoria gardens, that is my favorite mall. I remember eating there, I think we were shopping for prom. That was a while ago... damn.

The lizards are usually outside my front door and in our storage unit outside. I'm just glad the dog hasn't gotten to one, that would be gross. The roaches freak me out and so do the moths.

You may get lucky and not see any at all. : )